HOW TO WEAR THE ULTIMATE SPRING CLASSIC: THE JEAN JACKET
The jean jacket: one of the classics every girl should have in her closet for spring.
I bought my first and only jean jacket 5 years ago.
I wore it quite often at the time, but after one year I left it all the way at the back of my closet because I was a little in doubt if this clothing piece really fitted into my style.
I thought it was too casual for me and my clothing style and I wasn’t so sure about how to combine it either.
5 years later I discovered this forgotten piece again while cleaning up my closet and I directly found a cute way on how to wear it.
I really changed my mind, jean jackets can look really cute if well combined!
Ofcourse, when worn with a basic shirt, some pants and sneakers, it looks really really casual and a lot of people might like to wear it this way, but I prefer to give it a little more dressed up vibe (but ofcourse not too dressed up, the outfit should be in balance!).
I totally love this outfit! It looks casual, yet still a little dressed up and ideal to wear on a sunny spring day when going for example on a trip with your family.
This is a very very affordable look so if you want to copy this outfit, go ahead since it won’t hurt your wallet (except for the shoes and watch).And for the people that are interested in a little more guidance on how to wear the jean jacket, here I made a list on how to wear and how not to wear the jean jacket. (Ofcourse fashion is not an exact science and is subject to personal taste, so please keep in mind this is my personal advice and not a generalization. 😉 )
How to wear the jean jacket and look absolutely fab:
- Floral prints, lace and white colours look always gorgeous.
- Summer dresses and rompers: It is never a bad idea to wear a summer dress or a romper with a jean jacket. Just make sure the type of dress or romper matches the boyish jean jacket. In general, I don’t like bodycon type of dresses under a jean jacket since it doesn’t make the outfit look in balance.
- Ballet flats and (wedge) sandals look lovely. Even a pair of boots combined with a white lace dress and a jean jacket might be an interesting combination.
- Pair it with a nice colour of skinny jeans (just not the same colour jeans, please). Don’t be afraid to experiment with soft spring coloured pants, but for people that like it a little more neutral grey and black might also work well.
- A striped shirt might look awesome.
- Wear some statement jewellery to dress up the jean jacket.
How to not wear the jean jacket:
- jeans on jeans: I really don’t like the combination of a jeans jacket combined with blue jeans. Especially if both are in the same colour of jeans.
- glam items: I like to dress up the boyish jeans jacket but that doesn’t mean you have to wear a cocktail or gala dress under it, or anything that is too bling bling. It just doesn’t match.
- Wearing sneakers is okay especially if you are looking for a casual look (but in my case that will never happen :p) but wearing too high or too dressed up heeled shoes type Louboutin pumps really look misplaced.
[…] How to wear the ultimate spring classic: the jean jacket […]
[…] wrong with a jean jacket I think, I even did a blogpost last year about it. You can read it here. (You will probably notice that my blogposts have improved, […]